Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am logged in on my ipad with my apple id. When I go to the app store it shows my wifes username and wants her password. Now I cant update anything.

Just like it says.

iPad Mini

Posted on Apr 29, 2016 4:17 PM

6 replies

Apr 29, 2016 4:26 PM in response to mtmattix

To change the Apple ID go to the following locations under Settings, sign out of all of them and then sign back in:

iCloud, iTunes & App Store, Messages, FaceTime, and Game Center if you use it.

Also if the Apps in question were bought with her ID, even the free ones, you will have to rebuy them under your ID.

Apr 29, 2016 4:40 PM in response to mtmattix

IF it was only the one app, try signing out of your ID, force close the App Store, force restart the device, sign in again and then try again.

1. Sign out
  2. Close the app store app. Press the Home button two times quickly. You'll see small previews of your recently used apps. Swipe left to find the app you want to close. Swipe up on the app's preview to close it.
  3. Force restart the device. To force restart your device, press and hold both the l/Wake and Home buttons for at least ten seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
  4. Sign in again.
  5. Try to update again.

I am logged in on my ipad with my apple id. When I go to the app store it shows my wifes username and wants her password. Now I cant update anything.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.