Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dropped calls after update ips 9.3.1

My wife and I both waited more than a month to install the latest update to the iPhone. I have the 6+ and began noticing dropped calls the day after I did the latest update. It happens on 85% of my calls whether they are incoming or outgoing to. It can happen anywhere within the first two minutes of the call when the person I'm speaking with will all of a sudden not be able to hear me. I can still hear them and then the call fails. I've called back and eight out of 10 times it happens again making it very frustrating to conduct business.

Here's the clincher. I went to my local AT&T store today and they informed me that they've been having issues and sending people across the street to the Apple Store to run diagnostics on the phone. According to the AT&T store rep Apple's response was and I quote, "the updates are optional and not necessary to run the phone, and therefore Apple will not take responsibility for the problem. He then told me that there's already a lawsuit which I have no proof of but I've never experienced something like this with an Apple product. After this the AT&T rep told me my only option is to pay out my existing contract and buy a new phone. I've been using Apple products for years and I've never had a problem like this. To say that updates are optional doesn't make sense when I update my desktop and iPad which also sync with my iPhone. It seems to me that something in this latest update is screwing with people's phones and Apple doesn't want to address this. Like many of you out there my phone is my lifeline for work and I don't have time to mess around with dropped calls a device that doesn't work as advertised. HELP!!!

Posted on Apr 29, 2016 7:44 PM

4 replies

Apr 29, 2016 11:34 PM in response to Douglas S.

Mostly we ask if there is an update available for carrier settings - but since you have already been to AT&T - hopefully they addressed that

Another option is to swap the SIM card but it would be unusual for 2 phones in the household to be afflicted at the same time - nonetheless you can try and see if that makes a difference

Here is the support article with some further troubleshooting steps

If you can't hear a person on a call or voicemail or if the sound isn't clear on your iPhone - Apple Support

Apr 30, 2016 8:18 AM in response to ManSinha

The SIM card was switched out on my phone and made no difference. I was unable to work last night as the problem continued on almost every call I made or received. I was told by AT&T that because my one year warranty was up this past January I was out of luck other than buying a new phone. My wife doesn't use her phone for much other than texting so although she's having problems she's not affected in the same way I am. I plan to stop by the Apple store later today and I'm hoping they can resolve this problem.

Dropped calls after update ips 9.3.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.