Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad Mini is locked to an iCloud account that just does not exist anymore

Hey guys !! I had this Apple ID on my iPad for a few years. two months ago, the iPad kept calling me for my iCloud password. I tried many times but it failed every time. So I checked it on Apple ID section of Apple.com nd figured THE Apple ID DOESN'T EXIST ANYMORE 😐 So I restored the iPad thinking that will resolve the problem! but it's even worse now!! the iPad is stuck on the startup as its still asking for the password of that Apple ID. I've had that ID for years. I don't understand!! it says like f..........@gmail.com, I ENTER IT in the filed of Apple ID in iforgot.apple.com and it says this is NOT an Apple ID 😐 I mean how's this even POSSIBLE?! now the iPad is a useless brick 😐 Can anyone help me plz?

iPad Mini, iOS 9.3.1, Locked to a deleted account

Posted on Apr 29, 2016 6:27 PM

7 replies

May 4, 2016 5:54 AM in response to iDM@iCloud

Wrong !! I did try restoring it the latest version !! It's now locked on the startup when it comes to entering the password of the so-called Apple ID which is deleted !! So the iPad is now only a brick !! I'm starting to hate Apple now lol I mean where is my Apple ID !? WHERE !? After 4 years of using it, one day wake up and its GONE !!

May 8, 2016 1:21 PM in response to Musicandnothing

As I understand things, they can be pretty confident that your Apple ID was not deleted, because they just don't delete Apple IDs from their systems. You may have stopped using it five years ago, and the email addresses associated with it may have been deleted from their respective servers long ago, but the Apple ID would still exist in Apple's AppleID servers.

My iPad Mini is locked to an iCloud account that just does not exist anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.