Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Photos App overloaded my iPhone

When I upgraded my Mac operating system, the new Photos App replaced iPhoto. All the photos in iPhoto were transferred to Photos and to my phone. Now the phone is too full to take new photos. I've tried several ways to remove the photos (thousands) from the phone while saving them in iCloud Photos. Please help.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Apr 29, 2016 7:41 PM

1 reply

Apr 29, 2016 9:38 PM in response to Connie31415

iCloud is more a syncing solution than backup

The photos on iCloud are mirrored on the device and take up space even though photo optimization is turned on

You may want to consider moving some photos to an off device storage such as Google Photos or Upthere

Also if your photos were synced into your phone through iTunes - then deleting them will require you to unsync them through iTunes essentially

New Photos App overloaded my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.