Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 6s wont connect to itunes/PC

I have had an iphone 6s+ since february, and recently went to connect it to itunes to back up and transfer music to phone, but when I plug it in, the phone and the PC makes a sound, itunes opens, but the phone does not show up in itunes. The dialog on the phone shows the Trust/Dont Trust box, and I tap trust, and nothing happens. The phone also does not show up in Explorer. The phone also shows as "charging"

I have tried all the settings within the phone, as well as the PC (deleted some folder in itunes that another article said to try), that did not work, the folder also shows up again after restarts. I am at a loss, as doing a factory reset is a bit out of the question having not backed up the phone yet.

Anyone here have any other options or information, seen this problem? Any guidance would be of great help. Thank you!

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.3.1, Windows 10

Posted on Apr 29, 2016 6:52 PM

11 replies

Apr 30, 2016 7:18 PM in response to jestah57

If your iOS device isn't showing in iTunes try the following:

1. Open Control Panel > Device Manager
  2. Plug in your device
  3. Locate Universal Serial Bus Controllers > Apple Mobile Device USB Driver.
    It is also possible the device may show under Imaging Devices, Portable Devices or Other Devices or as an MTB USB Device.
  4. Right-click and select Update Driver Software...
  5. Click Browse my computer for driver software
  6. Browse to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers or
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers
  7. Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
  8. Click Apple Mobile Device USB Driver
  9. Click Next, then Close and exit Device Manager

For step 3 above, open the device manager. Expand any of these sections that are listed.

• Universal Serial Bus Controllers
  • Imaging Devices
  • Portable Devices
  • Other Devices

Connect the device. You should hear the telltale sound of Windows device connection and one section should gain a new entry. That should be your device. It may not be labelled correctly at this stage. If you don't hear a noise suspect a damaged cable.

Or try If iTunes doesn‘t recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

Failing that try a full tear down and rebuild of iTunes as set out in Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

Or lastly try rolling back to the last build of iTunes that worked for you. See iTunes installers for download links. If you're rolling back from 12.3.3.17 to 12.3.2.35, for example, then you'll also need to roll back the database in the way described in Empty/corrupt iTunes library after upgrade/crash. The tip includes suggestions for reintroducing any recent purchases so at worst you lose a few playcounts and/or a recently created playlist.

tt2

May 2, 2016 7:09 AM in response to jestah57

I had a different issues. ITunes would find my phone and would even let me Authorize then PC. But, would popup with not Authorized when I tried to sync. Support (only 10 minute wait) had me authorize under every apple ID that might have down loaded a song I was trying to sync. I was missing one so I couldn't check it while tech was still on the phone (thought this might be an idea for you). It didn't help. I tried my phone on a different PC and it worked correctly. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. I saw your post over the weekend, but I wasn't able to reply via my IPhone (go figure)

iphone 6s wont connect to itunes/PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.