Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6s Plus won't Connect to Pioneer DEH-6600BT Car Radio

Last weekend I got myself a new iPhone 6s Plus in anticipation of using its GPS navigation capabilities on a road trip from California to Texas. (I got it for everything else too, but had the road trip on my mind when I bought it.)

However, every time I have tried pairing my phone to the car radio (Pioneer DEH-6600BT) it doesn't work. While the radio picks up the pairing, the iPhone recognizes the radio as a pair-able device, and the radio sends over the security code, I always get a "Pairing Unsuccessful" message (see attached screenshot).

When I try connecting the iPhone automatically to the radio, using the phone's USB cable, the radio displays "FORMAT READ" on the prompt but no volume or access comes out of the system. At times, the radio even displays a Bluetooth passcode, like when it's trying to connect via bluetooth, to the device.

I've tried the various methods for other radio systems and phones mentioned on the various threads online, but none of them have worked so far. I'm hoping someone has a solution to this problem as this is becoming an inconvenience and I'd rather avoid having to replace the car radio (again) if I can avoid it.

Thanks!User uploaded file

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.3.1, null

Posted on Apr 29, 2016 9:01 PM

1 reply

May 1, 2016 8:19 AM in response to ParkerWeston

Hello ParkerWeston,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you are having a difficult time pairing your iPhone with your car stereo and we know that these type of situations can be frustrating.

I can tell that you have already tried a lot of troubleshooting, but for the sake of completeness, I suggest reading over and working through the steps in the following article.

Get help connecting your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with your car stereo - Apple Support

Cheers!

iPhone 6s Plus won't Connect to Pioneer DEH-6600BT Car Radio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.