Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watchtv.cox.com problem with Safari: "Looks Like You're Not on Your Home Network"

Using the most updated Safari browser. We are accessing the Cox Contour website at watchtv.cox.com, and will be watching TV over the Internet through the Safari browser on my desktop iMac 27 inch. The iMac is not hardwired to the internet, but rather accesses the internet through Wifi.

After watching for a while, randomly, the broadcast stops and a Cox message comes up "Looks Like You're Not on Your Home Wifi Network. This content can only be watched from home." Obviously I am still on my home Wifi, but for some reason this message pops up.

Please see the attached image below.

I have been on the phone numerous times with Cox, trying numerous fixes, and none of them have worked. In addition, and this is the key fact, I access the same website in a Firefox browser and do not get the problem.

Please help, and let me know if you need any additional information.

DavidUser uploaded file

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013), OS X El Capitan (10.11.4), null

Posted on Apr 29, 2016 6:42 PM

9 replies

Apr 29, 2016 8:41 PM in response to DWLInKansas

Perhaps a cookie issue.

From your Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Privacy tab then click: Remove All Website Data

Quit then relaunch Safari to test.

If that doesn't help since it's ok on Firefox, you may have a Safari extension or third party plug-in installed that's causing a conflict. It's easy to troubleshoot.

From the Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Extensions tab. If there are any extensions installed, uninstall one at a time then quit and relaunch Safari to test.

If it's not an extensions issue, try troubleshooting third party plug-ins.

Back to Safari > Preferences. This time select the Security tab. Deselect: Allow plug-ins. Quit and relaunch Safari to test.

If that made a difference, instructions for troubleshooting plugins here.

* message edited by: CS

Apr 30, 2016 9:13 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

An update:

The problem is not only with Safari, but also with Firefox. I'm thinking that it is an issue with my Wifi. For some reason, even though I am still connected to my Wifi the entire time (other Internet sites work, the Wifi is still showing as being connected, our iPhones are successfully connected to Wifi, etc.), the Cox website believes I am no longer on Wifi.

Not a Safari specific problem. Not sure if this gives you or anyone else any ideas...

Thanks,

Dave

Watchtv.cox.com problem with Safari: "Looks Like You're Not on Your Home Network"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.