Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone wont connect to itunes

I keep getting the error

"The Iphone "Jenifer's Iphone" cannot be used because it requires a newer version of Itunes. Go to www.itunes.com to download the latest version of iTunes."

Okay at first this IPhone 6 plus belonged to my mom and it connected and synced up to itunes version 12.1.2 for windows 8.1 perfectly fine on my laptop. She gave it to me so I restored it! Its updated to the latest as well, but when I try plug in the usb On the same laptop and itunes version, I get that message on itunes. So I check for updates on itunes and it says its up to date. I went to the itunes webpage and says the latest version is 12.3.3 so I donwload it but when I try to run set up I just get another error! Saying I can't run this version!

What can I do to fix this please and thank you. It worked fine before.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 29, 2016 8:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2016 9:43 PM

Follow the instructions for uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes here > Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows 7 and later

If you haven't already done so, you will have to sign out of her Apple ID on the iPhone in Settings > iTunes & App Store > Apple ID then sign in using your Apple iD. Be aware, all content downloaded from her Apple ID will be removed. You must be signed into iTunes on the PC using your Apple ID in order to sync the iPhone.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2016 9:43 PM in response to LuckyDMojo

Follow the instructions for uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes here > Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows 7 and later

If you haven't already done so, you will have to sign out of her Apple ID on the iPhone in Settings > iTunes & App Store > Apple ID then sign in using your Apple iD. Be aware, all content downloaded from her Apple ID will be removed. You must be signed into iTunes on the PC using your Apple ID in order to sync the iPhone.

Iphone wont connect to itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.