Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Im trying to back it up on my computer because the touch screen is not responding, but my computer will not access my phone's data unless it is signed in. I obviously cannot type in the passcode with a non responsive touchscreen. How can I backup?

Im trying to back it up on my computer because the touch screen is not responding, but my computer will not access my phone's data unless it is signed in. I obviously cannot type in the passcode with a non responsive touchscreen. How can I backup the data without typing the password or use of the phone??

iPhone 6, Mac Book Air

Posted on Apr 29, 2016 9:28 PM

1 reply

Apr 30, 2016 8:44 AM in response to juliafromfort mill

Sorry about the situation

About the only thing that may help is you restore the phone using iTunes from a computer where it has been backed up previously

If this is possible - the phone will "recognize" the computer and offer to do one last backup before the restore

That way once the phone is repaired or replaced - you can restore from that backup

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

Im trying to back it up on my computer because the touch screen is not responding, but my computer will not access my phone's data unless it is signed in. I obviously cannot type in the passcode with a non responsive touchscreen. How can I backup?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.