Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wireless charging pads

Can someone PLEASE ANSWER ONE SIMPLE QUESTION? Will multiple devices charge at the same time using the same wireless charging pad?

iPhone 5, Windows 7, answer to question

Posted on Apr 29, 2016 8:26 PM

3 replies

May 1, 2016 9:44 AM in response to tonefox

tonefox wrote:

I've always wondered why wireless charging pads are called wireless. They have a wire going back to a power block, and the phone sits on them. As opposed to a phone with a wire going back to a power block, which strikes me as one component simpler.

That's a good point.

I've had them for various Android phones and they are actually kind of neat. I kept it on my desk and, when I sat down, I'd drop my phone on the charger, pick it up when I'd go off to do something. Much easier than plugging in a cord and, as I often prop my phone up to use the screen for various things, the ones that hold the phone upright are especially useful.

I think, eventually, if it becomes a standard thing, charging pads might be installed in lots of places (as they are in some Starbucks) and it will be very convenient. Of course, by then, we'll probably have batteries that last for months.

wireless charging pads

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.