Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I get this trying to restore - Not enough space on /dev/disk0s3 to restore

I had 2 partitions (now 3), made image of one and saved it to another HD, tested it on new 3rd partition at bottom of the HD it was made from, it worked. The original was the Top one showing in disk utility. Made disk image of other partition 2nd from top, and tried to restore to top partition and got this message - "Not enough space on /dev/disk0s3 to restore".

I'd like to restore this 2nd image to the top spot and test it without losing the original just incase. Then resize top partition to occupy the whole HD.

Is there a simple solution?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), core 2 duo 2.66GHz early 2009 20"

Posted on Apr 29, 2016 7:59 PM

1 reply

Apr 30, 2016 6:47 AM in response to electriczipper

Ok, I solved this by starting from another hd and restoring the partition which was 2nd from top, as displayed in disk utility when in

partition mode, to the top partition, then resizing the top partition, after making sure it worked, to encompass the whole hd.

Thanks again Niel for the refresher you were so kind as to give me when I asked my previous question.

I get this trying to restore - Not enough space on /dev/disk0s3 to restore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.