Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has anyone tried to use the FixMeStick on his or her Mac OSX 10.6.8?

My spouse thought the FixMeStick might help me get rid of all the daisy wheels that make everything I want to do, such as scrolling down a page or opening another page so slow! In case the issue is memory, I’m deleting lots of pictures in my iphoto albums but so far it hasn't helped. I read some reviews of the FixMeStick and it has a 3 stars out of 5 rating.

OBS,iMac (24-inch Early 2008), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 29, 2016 9:37 PM

3 replies

Apr 29, 2016 11:06 PM in response to zbluz

Deleting photos is not likely to make one iota of difference to the problems you describe. Nor, quite frankly, is FixMeStick going to help either.

To diagnose your issues you should run /Applications/Utilities/Activity Monitor.app and look for processes that are consuming large amounts of CPU time, and look at the memory stats to see which applications are using a lot of memory.

That should give you an idea of where to focus your efforts. It may be as simple as killing a particular process that's consuming too many resources, but it might also be that you're trying to do too much with the resources (especially memory) that you have, in which case a memory upgrade may be in order. Start with the activity report, though, and look for any outliers. Report back with your findings to get the next steps.

Has anyone tried to use the FixMeStick on his or her Mac OSX 10.6.8?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.