Related Article: If your iPhone or iPod touch won't charge

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPod from 2012 has some dried gummy yoghurt in the charging port, covering the metal contacts, and preventing the tip of the charging cable from being inserted. Any advice on what to do, or 'not to do' to clean it out?

My 2012 model iPad has some dried gummy yoghurt stuck in the charging port, covering up the contacts, and preventing the charging cable from being inserted. Any advice for what to do, or what not to do to clean it out?

iPad

Posted on Apr 29, 2016 10:32 PM

1 reply

May 1, 2016 9:04 AM in response to DMW108

Greetings DMW108,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that your iPad has what seems to be some damage to the charging port on your iPad. To move forward, I suggest having your iPad evaluated at an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider.

Information on having your iPad evaluated can be found in the following link.

Apple - Support - Service Answer Center

Have a great day!

My iPod from 2012 has some dried gummy yoghurt in the charging port, covering the metal contacts, and preventing the tip of the charging cable from being inserted. Any advice on what to do, or 'not to do' to clean it out?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.