Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apps not updating

The apps are not updating even after I attempted to back up my phone, which I believe was achieved successfully. Would someone be able to assist me?

Thanks!

Arlynn

Posted on Apr 29, 2016 9:09 PM

2 replies

Apr 29, 2016 9:24 PM in response to arlynn1

Is it all the apps that need updating that seem to be affected or just one?
Check Settings - General - Restrictions - Downloading apps (is it toggled to green?)

Are you in a good WiFi zone? OR Using cellular data for app downloads is enabled?
You are signed in with the same Apple ID that was used to purchase the apps originally?

Is there enough space on the phone? Sometimes the download may be affected if there is not enough space

Apr 30, 2016 6:35 AM in response to arlynn1

Try a Forced Restart: Hold down the Home and Wake/Sleep buttons at the same time for about 15-20 seconds until the Apple logo appears. You will not lose anything. Then sign out of the iTunes Store and sign back in.

Also try going to Settings > General > Restrictions > and make sure that the iTunes Store, Installing Apps, Deleting Apps, and In-App Purchases are all under the Allow section. Test installing again.

apps not updating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.