Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Limit to rotating desktop pictures?

Hello, I recently created an album of wallpaper that I wanted to have rotating on one of the desktops for my Macbook Pro. I started manually adding them in small groups at a time and I always let them go through to make sure they looked good on the desktop. After a while though, I noticed that when it was rotating it would only go through a portion of them instead of all of the pictures so I'm not sure if I changed a setting by accident or if there is a number limit for how many can rotate. I counted at one point that it was rotating between the first 108 photos which seemed like an odd number for a limit. Thanks for any help.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Apr 29, 2016 10:39 PM

1 reply

May 1, 2016 9:16 AM in response to mikeyanderson7

Hello mikeyanderson7,

Thanks for contributing to the Apple Support Communities.

You mention that you created an album of photos to use as desktop wallpaper, but some pictures aren't being used. Did you create the album in Photos for OS X? If so, you can try to repair the library using the steps in Photos for OS X: Repair your library.

If you're using iCloud Photo Library, you may want to review the information in Use the Photos library repair tool before you start.

Best Regards.

Limit to rotating desktop pictures?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.