Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing rescue email

I have lost access to the email I used as a rescue (never had to use it before) but to change it I need to update my security questions (also which I have never used) which I set up several years ago and can no longer remember the answers. How can I make the changes?

OS X El Capitan (10.11.4), Apple ID

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 12:16 AM

1 reply

Apr 30, 2016 3:41 AM in response to Beanstar33

You won't be able to change your rescue email address until you can answer your questions, you will have to contact Support in the country where you are (and which is therefore the country on your account) to get the questions reset - from If you forgot the answers to your Apple ID security questions - Apple Support :

If you can't send a reset email, don't have a rescue email address, or can't access email at your rescue email address, call us for help. When you call, you might need to create a temporary support PIN to verify your identity. After you reset your security questions, you might want to update your rescue email address.

If your country isn't on that ‘call us for help’ page then try this form to contact Support : https://www.apple.com/emea/support/itunes/contact.html

When they've been reset you can then change your rescue email address one for potential future use : About your Apple ID email addresses - Apple Support

Or if it's available in your country you could change to 2-step verification : Frequently asked questions about two-step verification for Apple ID

Changing rescue email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.