Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Smartlist doesn't show any music, even though rules are correct and checkmarks are set too.

I migrated my music from a MacBook to an iMac. Music and ratings show correctly, and I am able to play them on the iMac. The migration also migrated my smart playlist, but now they don't produce any result, even though they should show thousands of songs. I tried creating a new playlist with the same result. All songs in my library are checkmarked, so that isn't the issue either. I even tried very bais rules, like "limit to 5 GB" and it only shows a few songs with total of approx 500 mb, even though I have hundereds of GB of songs.

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 12:48 AM

1 reply

Apr 30, 2016 6:26 AM in response to Mvposch

MV Posch,

An unexpectedly empty smart playlist is often the result of misapplying "Match All" and "Match Any" in the playlist rules.

There is also a recent iTunes bug for limiting a playlist when you use "selected by... random."

If you want to post the rules of one of the problem playlists, perhaps someone here can troubleshoot the issue.

Smartlist doesn't show any music, even though rules are correct and checkmarks are set too.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.