Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

trying to sync ipad with itunes but told is synced with another library

Could some one help me I'm trying to sync my mother iPad to her desktop and an error message comes up saying that the iPad is synced to another library. Her laptop died and she bought a Desk top, both PC Microsoft, and now I can't sync her iPad to her new computer. The laptop was copied and then reinstalled on to the new PC . She's concerned that if we follow the prompts and erase the iPad that she will lose her photos. The iPad has been backed up to the computer but I'm not very computer savvy and also I'm Mac not windows. If anyone can assist it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Julie

Posted on Apr 29, 2016 11:11 PM

3 replies

Apr 29, 2016 11:19 PM in response to gissy1964

If she is worried about her photos, then they should be imported to the PC:

IMPORTING PHOTOS - WINDOWS/MAC

Keeping photos on an iOS device only is a recipe for disaster. They need to be stored in a place that is designed to store them permanently. If the device were lost, stolen, or run over by a car, and the photos had not been imported, then they would be gone.

Once they are backed up, you should be able to sync the device without any issues by selecting all of the items you want to sync for the various media types (music, books, photos, etc.) without any issues.

Best of luck,

GB

trying to sync ipad with itunes but told is synced with another library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.