Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can my Ipod be formatted windows 7 ??

error 1415 on list. Can I reformat with win7 so I can use ITunes??

iPod classic, iOS 8

Posted on Apr 29, 2016 11:31 PM

3 replies

Apr 30, 2016 12:21 AM in response to michaelfromnewman

Normally, when you connect an iPod (that is currently formatted for Mac) to a Windows PC running iTunes, iTunes prompts you to d a Restore (using iTunes). Doing a Restore using iTunes (on a Windows PC) is what re-formats an iPod for Windows. So it does not already need to be formatted for Windows, before connecting the iPod to a Windows PC.

error 1415 on list.

I don't know what that means. What are you doing when you get this error?

Apr 30, 2016 1:19 AM in response to Kenichi Watanabe

Hi thanks for the info. I get that error code when I try to synch my IPod classic with ITunes. It still will not format and I've tried another version of ITunes. I'm thinking that my HD may be bad and I need a new drive or another IPod. Tell me if you have a better idea.. I'm running out of ideas. Thanks for your time Kenichi..

Apr 30, 2016 5:10 PM in response to michaelfromnewman

Does the iPod still operate properly as an iPod (and play songs)? What happens when do a Reset (restart) on the iPod?

Learn how to reset your iPod - Apple Support (see section iPod with a click wheel)

If the iPod does not start up properly, the cause may be data corruption (fixable with a Restore) or a hardware problem (like a faulty hard drive). Try putting the iPod into Disk Mode

Putting iPod into Disk Mode - Apple Support

Run iTunes and connect the iPod. If iTunes picks it up, it may prompt you to do a Restore. If you're OK with erasing the iPod, do the Restore. If the problem was only data corruption, the iPod should work properly after the Restore. If the iPod does not go into Disk mode, or the Restore fails to resolve problem, the cause is likely to be a hardware problem.

NOTE: If your iPod is in good shape otherwise, and you need to replace the hard drive, you can consider replacing the hard drive with flash-based storage, in the form of commonly available (and affordable) Compact Flash card or SD card, on an adapter. This web site has relevant information (for 5th gen and later "classic" iPods)

https://www.iflash.xyz/

Can my Ipod be formatted windows 7 ??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.