Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Genius playlist not working on iOS with iTunes Match (But works on Mac)

Genius playlists work fine on the Mac for me, but when I try the same thing on iOS I get the "This song does not have enough related songs to create a Playlist" error. I use iTunes Match'

It used to work, but has been broken for what feels like years now.

To reiterate, if I use the feature on the Mac, it works fine. On iOS with exactly the same iCloud music library and exactly the same chosen song, it does not work. It never works on iOS regardless of the song selected, and yes I'm 100% positive that there are enough related songs! I can use it on my MacBook with no songs stored locally.

I've tried signing out of iCloud on all my devices and then signing in again, and all sorts of iPhone restart voodoo but nothing works.I have obviously updated iTunes Match from my Mac.

Genius playlsits are broken for me on IOS and nothing I try fixes them.

Does it still work for anybody else?

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 12:03 AM

1 reply

Apr 22, 2017 2:47 PM in response to meestersmeeeth

The feature was controversially removed from iOS 10, but still works on iTunes however, it only works with older music.

I responded to a similar question a few months ago after working up the chain with Apple on the issue with newer music: Genius lists no working?

The best way to get Apple's attention on the issue is by leaving feedback

https://www.apple.com/feedback/itunesapp.html

Genius playlist not working on iOS with iTunes Match (But works on Mac)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.