Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dead or Stuck Pixels on iPod Nano

* DISCLAIMER - It appears long but it is still the same question; most of it is info in case you would like to try and answer

I have an iPod Nano 5th Generation and it has been working great until recently. One night I noticed a few dead or stuck pixels on its display but I thought I'd figure it out in the morning. When I woke up I noticed that not only had the group of pixels increased, but there were now two lines of pixels near the bottom and middle of the screen. It appears to have stopped spreading though

I'm not sure if they're dead or stuck, and how I would fix the problem but:

. When they are on a white background they are black, and when they're on a black or coloured background they are white

. I can also just make them out when the actual display is turned off

I believe it may have had something to do with me dropping the iPod ( it has a hard plastic case, but there is slight room for the iPod to shake around in the plastic case)

I'm also pretty sure I can't go to apple because it is an old device

Any help in fixing this problem would be greatly appreciated

- Thanks

iPod nano, 5th Generation

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 12:55 AM

5 replies

May 15, 2016 11:04 AM in response to RyanAds13

It seems to be a hardware problem on the LCD display. It's not a software problem, if you can see it initially after doing a Reset. You can always try doing a Restore. This erases the iPod, reinstalls its software, and sets it to default settings

Use iTunes on your Mac or PC to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

However, it probably will not help in this case.

Dead or Stuck Pixels on iPod Nano

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.