Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do apps that I download on Appletv appear on iPhone also?

Why do apps that I download on Appletv 4 appear on the iPhone also?

example, just downloaded the new AMC channel and it also appeared on the iPhone.

Apple TV (4th generation)

Posted on Apr 29, 2016 11:30 PM

4 replies

Apr 30, 2016 8:35 AM in response to fhace

Automatic Downloads will download any purchases that are available on any of your devices to that device. So, if you were to purchase the iPad version of an app called, say, "That's my Cat", and there was an iPhone version available, it would download "That's my Cat" to your iPhone as well.

Turn on Automatic Downloads - Apple Support

Cheers,

GB

Apr 30, 2016 9:29 AM in response to fhace

Apple Tv Apps are not downloading to your iPhone. App developers make different versions for different devices, and make these versions available to all devices after a version for one is downloaded.

So basically, downloading the version of the App for Apple Tv, give you access to the version for iPhone. Having Automatic downloads turned on, means your iPhone will automatically download the iPhone version of the app you downloaded for the Apple TV.

Why do apps that I download on Appletv appear on iPhone also?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.