Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Extended display when using Boot Camp

Hi,

I need to run MS Access for a while and will (have to but don't want to) install Boot Camp on my Mid 2012 Mac Book Air.

Because it's only a 13" screen on my Air, I'm hoping to connect it to the 27" display on my Late 2013 iMac with a Thunderbolt cable.

Will this still work when I'm running Windows, please?

Thanks.

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4), 8GB 1600MHz DDR3; Time Capsule

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 1:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2016 12:49 AM

yes it will support multi display in windows

but if all you need is access then you can with just install windows in a virtual machine it's easier and you need not worry about drivers and getting data to and from osx to windows and switching between them is instant

the 2 only reasons one need bootcamp is

1. if one don't have much memory because when the virtual machine is running it and osx share memory between them.

2. if one needs to run fancy 3d games or 3d modeling as a virtual machine does not use video card drivers it does not enable the 3d features of the video cards to be used.

if you want to know more http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-software/run-windows-10-on-your-mac-using-v irtualbox-3621650/

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2016 12:49 AM in response to Nightowl4933

yes it will support multi display in windows

but if all you need is access then you can with just install windows in a virtual machine it's easier and you need not worry about drivers and getting data to and from osx to windows and switching between them is instant

the 2 only reasons one need bootcamp is

1. if one don't have much memory because when the virtual machine is running it and osx share memory between them.

2. if one needs to run fancy 3d games or 3d modeling as a virtual machine does not use video card drivers it does not enable the 3d features of the video cards to be used.

if you want to know more http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-software/run-windows-10-on-your-mac-using-v irtualbox-3621650/

Extended display when using Boot Camp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.