Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is my Mac 32 bit or 64 bit?

Hello,

So today, I was on my mac just downloading updates and installing applications I need. "Huh?! there is a separate downloads for 64/32 bits?!?. What is 32 or 64 bits..." 'Hmmmm.....' So I got a little confused about that solution. That why I'm here asking you!

I got a picture ready to show you. Thanks

https://gyazo.com/508e326df129fbfb5b0240bada097457

MacBook Pro, Other OS, 13 inch No Built-in Memory

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 12:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 12:19 AM

Follow the link :

How to tell if your Intel-based Mac has a 32-bit or 64-bit processor - Apple Support

10 replies

Apr 30, 2016 7:15 PM in response to Macy Pro guy

As all of the above have said, you have a 64-bit system, so I'm just piling on 🙂

El Capitan ONLY runs on 64-bit CPUs

El Capitan is a full 64-bit operating system.

However, OS X can run both 32-bit and 64-bit applications. It does not care, and there is nothing special you need to do. Both bit sized of applications just work.

But, any thing that installs a kernel extension (a device driver or something that is attempting to enhance OS X via the kernel) "MUST" be a 64-bit kernel extension.

Is my Mac 32 bit or 64 bit?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.