Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes movies out of synch

I have an Apple TV 4 and I find that any of the movies I get from iTunes (rent or buy) have the audio half a second behind the video so it's out of synch. I don't see the same problem when using Netflix or BBC iPlayer. Has anyone got any ideas? Thanks in advance for any help!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 2:27 AM

4 replies

Apr 30, 2016 4:10 AM in response to Diana.McCall

Thanks for getting back to me - apologies for not stating this originally! I'm not using external speakers - just through my TV (LG 37LH4010-ZD). I don't get the issue when watching regular TV/Blu-ray/Netfix via Apple TV.

I have tried using a sounder too (with optical connection to the TV) but I had the same issue with that too.

Apr 30, 2016 5:04 AM in response to agalata

Just to check, what is your tvOS version? The latest is 9.2, which has been out for just over a month. If you are already using the latest, you should report this at http://www.apple.com/feedback/appletv.html

If you're not current, you should update and see if that helps.

Also, what are your ATV audio settings? You might try setting it to Stereo, if it's not already. I'm just wondering if the TV is receiving 5.1 audio and working to downmix it. You might also check for any audio options in your TV setup.

iTunes movies out of synch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.