Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Uninstall Steam Game From LaunchPad

Hi

I am new to the Apple family so sorry if I post some dumb questions.

I installed steam to install some basic games and downloaded a game called "Goat Simulator". However, my macbook pro was really loud when running that game and I decided to uninstall the game. I found out how to uninstall the game manually through steam. However, the game "Goat Simulator" is still listed on my launchpad even though I uninstalled the game through Steam. How do I uninstall this image or the uninstalled game from the LaunchPad.

I would really appreciate the help.

Thanks

Michael

Mac Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 12:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2016 1:30 AM

The solution is as follows…

1. Open Launchpad, find the offending icon(s) and drag them to your normal dock.

2. Right click on the icon that you dragged to your dock and choose ‘Show in Finder’.

3. Now drag the icon(s) from the Finder windows that opens up into the Trash.

4. Finally right click on the dock item(s) that you dragged originally and choose ‘Remove from dock’.

Voila, the icons have disappeared from Launchpad and the annoying orphaned icons that seemed invincible have been thwarted.

<

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 23, 2016 1:30 AM in response to mjeong99

The solution is as follows…

1. Open Launchpad, find the offending icon(s) and drag them to your normal dock.

2. Right click on the icon that you dragged to your dock and choose ‘Show in Finder’.

3. Now drag the icon(s) from the Finder windows that opens up into the Trash.

4. Finally right click on the dock item(s) that you dragged originally and choose ‘Remove from dock’.

Voila, the icons have disappeared from Launchpad and the annoying orphaned icons that seemed invincible have been thwarted.

<

Uninstall Steam Game From LaunchPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.