Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Left side of my earphone giving me problems

I purchased £80 earphones (ONKYO E700M Hi-Res Audio) for my new iPod touch 6. The sound come equal on both side then slowly the left side losses it sound for some strange reason. The earphone works great on any other devices.

If I increase the volume to the highest the left side comes back to normal.

If connect the earphone to a different devise and then connect back to my the iPod the left side works again.

Sometime when I charge the iPod and connect the earphones it comes back to normal.

iPod touch, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 12:38 AM

1 reply

Apr 30, 2016 1:37 AM in response to ralph Est

- Try cleaning out/blowing out the headphone jack. Try inserting/removing the plug a dozen times or so.

Fix for iphone Earphone Bug

Try the following to rule out a software problem

- Check also Settings > General > Accessibility > Hearing. Make sure that the sound balance is not set all the way to "R" or "L".

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iPod touch: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Reset all settings Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

- Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store. Seems you have a bad headphone jack.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Left side of my earphone giving me problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.