Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

store credit in positive balance but am told it has expired.

I was given a $50 iTunes gift card for Christmas 2015 - just on 4 months ago - and didn't use it until some time in January. There is $12.77 remaining.

A few minutes ago I tried to buy a $2.19 song but was told it had expired. Reading the very small print on the back of the card there seems to be a 2 year expiry date from date of purchase or last last activity on the redeeming iTunes account. My last purchase was on the 1st of April 2016.

Operating system is Yosemite 10.10.5 and iTunes is version 12.3.3.

Not sure how to contact Apple re this, as its not an problem with billing or purchase.

So any advice, insight or suggestions would be most helpful. While it's only a tiny amount of $$, it just seems wrong.

Thanks.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 2:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2016 12:21 AM

The balance still shows on your account (you've logged out and back into your account in case the balance showing is out of date), and you are getting an error message when trying to buy the song with that balance on your account (you aren't trying to re-enter the card's code on your account) ?

Just had a look at an iTunes card that I have (I'm in the UK so mine is a UK card) and it doesn't mention anything about expiry, and Apple's help pages says that they don't : If you can't redeem your iTunes Store Gift Card or code - Apple Support

iTunes Store Gift Cards don't expire, but content codes do.

To contact iTunes Support : https://www.apple.com/emea/support/itunes/contact.html

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2016 12:21 AM in response to JEM7955

The balance still shows on your account (you've logged out and back into your account in case the balance showing is out of date), and you are getting an error message when trying to buy the song with that balance on your account (you aren't trying to re-enter the card's code on your account) ?

Just had a look at an iTunes card that I have (I'm in the UK so mine is a UK card) and it doesn't mention anything about expiry, and Apple's help pages says that they don't : If you can't redeem your iTunes Store Gift Card or code - Apple Support

iTunes Store Gift Cards don't expire, but content codes do.

To contact iTunes Support : https://www.apple.com/emea/support/itunes/contact.html

store credit in positive balance but am told it has expired.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.