Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can i trade a water damaged macbook pro for a macbook air

Hello,

My children have spilled juice into my brand new macbook pro. I took it to apple and they have said to repair it i will need to pay 1400euros. Is there anyway i can trade it in and get a brand new macbook air instead? I spend 2200euros to buy it in the first place. Until June 2016 I also have warranty. Can anyone give me another solution? I am indesperate need of a computer. Or should I give it to another computer company to pay less for the repair?

Someone help!

thanks

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 4:32 AM

2 replies

Apr 30, 2016 9:35 AM in response to sinthufromversailles

I doubt that any other service or repair company would have parts for a brand new MacBook Air. So I doubt that would be less expensive.

There is no way Apple is going to trade you a useless MacBook Air for a new Macbook Air.

I think your best bet is the suggestion by KimUserName to check your homeowner's policy. Unfortunately the deductible may not make this a viable option.

can i trade a water damaged macbook pro for a macbook air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.