Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie 10.1.2 Flash and Freeze frame greyed out

Hi.

I am using iMovie 10.1.2 on my iMac.

I want to remove the fade when my title comes up.

If I right click and choose "add freeze frame" this option is greyed out.

If I go to the toolbar, modify --> flash and freeze frame, this option is also greyed out.

Does anyone know a way around this ? Many thanks.

QuiSenFoux

iMac with Retina 5K display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 3:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 1:54 PM

Seems like the only way is to put your finished title on a green background, share it to file, reimport it to iMovie, add to timeline above the clip you want the title in and use the green screen facility, You can then crop off the fade part from each end each end. A lot of hassle for sure.

Geoff.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2016 1:54 PM in response to QuiSenFoux

Seems like the only way is to put your finished title on a green background, share it to file, reimport it to iMovie, add to timeline above the clip you want the title in and use the green screen facility, You can then crop off the fade part from each end each end. A lot of hassle for sure.

Geoff.

Jun 8, 2016 8:03 PM in response to QuiSenFoux

I literally made an iMovie on May 18th, just a few weeks ago, using a little trick: It has to be a black background, but you could add a "scrolling credits" title layer and actually freeze frame it. I could then use a ken burns effect for a nice title screen with multiple lines of text. Apparently Apple just killed my favorite awesome trick, pushing iMovie further into the trash can.

This trick apparently doesn't work anymore, as of quite lately. Check out this post https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7291118?answerId=29522385022#29522385022

Are you the creative type? Apple will do everything to stop your out-of-the-box use of their software. So sad. RIP Steve Jobs. I'm not resting in peace with iMovie oversimplification. They even stripped the Genius shuffle from iTunes. 😠 😟 😠

iMovie 10.1.2 Flash and Freeze frame greyed out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.