Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro 2011 External Monitor

Hi there.

I have a Macbook Pro 2011 with the higher resolution matt screen. I think the native res is 1680 by 1050.

I recently bought an LG 30" HD display that runs at 1920 by 1080 and run there Mac to it via mini display to him lead.

The quality is boor but also they seem to be mismatched. If I use the display as the native res then the Mac letterboxes top and bottom and if I use the Mac as native resolution then the display letterboxes left and right.

The actual display quality is not that good anyway. Lettering and graphics are jagged.

So my question is what kind of display do I need in order to get clear graphics and more importantly matched resolutions? I don't want to spend much money.

Many thanks,

Al.

MacBook Pro, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 3:02 AM

2 replies

May 1, 2016 1:16 PM in response to alfiebuttons

Hello alfiebuttons,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

From your question, I understand that you are looking for information on a different display to use with your Mac, but before spending more money I suggest reading over and working through the suggested steps from the following article’s If an image appears fuzzy or blurry section.

Get help with video issues on external displays connected to your Mac - Apple Support

Cheers!

Macbook Pro 2011 External Monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.