Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

somebody changed my Apple ID

I faced with issue with Apple support.

Describing shortly my problem, somebody has stolen my e-mail address, to which was connected my Apple ID, then this person used a block or "lost mode" for my iPad and iPhone 6S. Therefore, I have lost access to my phone and iPad in one day. Additionally this person blocked my old iPhone, iPod and iPod nano. After that he changed password of my Apple ID and changed an e-mail of Apple ID. Saying in other words, i cannot restore my password of Apple ID, because i got message "this Apple ID does not exist".

When i called from my own phone to Apple support i spent around 5 dollars for that, because there was a requirement to call to another city, then i got information that i need to call to Irish phone of Apple support and, which was an international call.

After that i got information that nobody can help me, even through i still have warranty for my iPhone 6S, because i need access to my e-mail to restore my Apple ID, but i do not have access to that e-mail since that person changed password and control questions, as well as in Apple ID page and in e-mail page.

For now i have only non working iPhone and all other apple devices, with cheques, and i must to use my mom's lagging Android phone. I am very disappointed about Apple's products, because if somebody will stole e-mail address, Apple's customer will loose all devises and Apple will not help him.

I asked a help from e-mail provider but they said that it takes up to half a year to restore an e-mail and they can not give a promise that they will be able to do it, since all control questions were changed.

My losses are more than 1000 dollars only for bad security of Apple's services, because if somebody will have access to e-mail he will be able to restore password of Apple ID, change it, change e-mail for Apple ID and change control questions, as well as block all devices. Moreover, Apple "will not be able to help you"

What can i do?

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 4:04 AM

3 replies

Apr 30, 2016 8:31 AM in response to irishabern

First, what happened to you is very unfortunate. However, also unfortunately, Apple is not responsible. And, your warranty covers technical issues with your hardware, not acts by criminals.

I'd suggest you either take your purchase receipt for your phone to your nearest Apple store/Genius Bar and/or follow the instructions here:

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

Apr 30, 2016 8:42 AM in response to irishabern

The problem Apple will have is distinguishing you from a thief who would be in the same situation.

You must be able to prove beyond shadow of doubt that you are indeed the original "owner" of the Apple ID. I cannot conceive of how * I * would do that in this digital world = no "paper trail" unless there is adequate email trail.

This is the group to talk to > Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security

good luck

somebody changed my Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.