Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I haven't updated Quicktime on my Windows PC since 2010. There's a security warning out. When I tried to uninstall my User Control asks if I want to let Apple update the program. Does it have to update to uninstall?

I haven't updated Quicktime on my Windows PC since 2010. There's a security warning out. When I tried to uninstall my User Control asks if I want to let Apple update the program. Does it have to update to uninstall?

When I say "No" the computer stops trying to uninstall it.

I read that Apple stopped doing security updates for Quicktime, so maybe I have nothing to worry about. But once I give permission does that open the door to the cyber attack that Homeland Security is warning people of?

iPad Mini

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 5:09 AM

There are no replies.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.