Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do we really need a 'Flag all' option on the iPhone mail app?

Hi Everyone,

First post ever so this is really a big moment for me.

Now to the issue at hand. I mistakenly selected the Flag all option while trying to select the mark all as unread on my iPhone and unfortunately there was no way to undo what I have done.

I have made peace with the solution that I may have to spend the next 6months or more unflagging my entire inbox 15 mails at a time. Luckily, hotmail/outlook only allows you to select that number of mails at a time, currently a lot better than my other option which is the iPhone mail app that only allows me unflag one mail at a time.

I have obviously lost all the important documents that I have flagged over the years prior to making that flag all error. However I didn't come to complain, like I said, I have made peace with it.

The reason I write this is I hope that someone reads it and really thinks about my question. I cant seem to think of any situation, ever, when I would need to flag my entire inbox. Maybe the option to unflag all my flagged items could still be helpful sometime (like now), but not a flag or unflag my entire inbox option.

I don't think its a necessary option and removing it would help people avoid making the same mistake that I did and paying ever so dearly for it like I would for the next 6 months. I like the mail app and I think my suggestion could make it that much better for everyone.

Thank you for reading this.

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.3.1, null

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 4:45 AM

2 replies

Do we really need a 'Flag all' option on the iPhone mail app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.