Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wired Headphone Audio Issue on iPhone 6s Plus when Connected to Headphone Jack

I have an iPhone 6s Plus and I've noticed a minor problem with the audio in any headphone jack connected accessory like of course headphones earphones and headsets themselves no matter which brand or model it is. At least I think the issue is minor. Here's one for example, when I do some typing in the texting, notes or pretty any kind of apps that involves typing where it makes that typing noise, when I start typing and then stop and not type a key for a couple seconds or more then right when I start typing again, the sound on the first key I type gets cut out like perhaps an audio delay or something like that. And it happens every time I do that actual action. It's like it's taking a second for a headphone jack connected accessory to get a reading of the noise right when it starts playing a sound then as long as you don't stop typing for a couple seconds, the typing sound is heard on every key I type. I have 2 different headsets an they both act the same way, so it's not just one. And it doesn't act that way on the handset itself or when you use any Bluetooth audio devices.

I hope anyone gets what I'm trying to say. So I ask this to only anyone who owns an iPhone 6s Plus, does anyone have that same issue on your iPhone 6s Plus?

And I've already checked on my friend's iPhone 6 Plus and it doesn't have that problem. So that's why I'm only asking about the 6s Plus cause I haven't had the chance yet to find anyone with that same model to see if that issue occurs on their's and that I'm not the only one with the issue or it is just me. If I know I'm not the only one, then maybe it's after all normal. I even wonder if that issue is software related or it's absolutely the hardware.

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 6:27 AM

There are no replies.

Wired Headphone Audio Issue on iPhone 6s Plus when Connected to Headphone Jack

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.