Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bluetooth device removal

Any ideas out there how to remove bluetooth devices from the bluetooth menu? I have a couple I no longer use but I don't see who to remove them. When I click on the "x" next to it, all it does is try to pair which of course it doesn't because I no longer have/use them. Any suggestions appreciated.

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 5:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 6:56 AM

Remove a Bluetooth device from your Mac

If you want to remove (unpair) a Bluetooth device from your Mac's device list, follow these steps:

1. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Bluetooth.
  2. Hover the pointer over the device you want to remove, then click the button User uploaded file that appears next to the device's name.

It sounds as though you're following the proper steps but the preference pane isn't responding as it should. Try resetting the SMC and trying again Reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2016 6:56 AM in response to Steve Hadeen

Remove a Bluetooth device from your Mac

If you want to remove (unpair) a Bluetooth device from your Mac's device list, follow these steps:

1. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Bluetooth.
  2. Hover the pointer over the device you want to remove, then click the button User uploaded file that appears next to the device's name.

It sounds as though you're following the proper steps but the preference pane isn't responding as it should. Try resetting the SMC and trying again Reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support

bluetooth device removal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.