Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgraded iOS 9.2.1 to 9.3.1 on new iPad - alarms problem

I have an odd problem that I haven't been able to find any information on. I got a refurbished iPad mini 2 a couple of weeks ago and it had a screen issue with it - as part of troubleshooting that issue with Apple Support, I upgraded it to 9.3.1 (from 9.2) and then backed it up in iTunes so I could set it up as new. My screen issue persisted and I got a replacement iPad mini 2 from the Apple Store yesterday. It was on 9.2.1 initially, so I had to upgrade it to 9.3.1 in order to set it up from the iTunes backup I'd taken on the broken one. It looks like all my apps and data are on it, although I haven't checked thoroughly yet. However, it appears that my alarms have definitely been put on it cos one of them has gone off already at the appointed time. But, if I go into the Clock app, it says I have no alarms??? So, the question is, what do I do when I want to delete or modify one of my alarms???

Note that this may well have been an issue on 9.3.1 on the refurb as well, but I really didn't have any time to check it out before setting it up as new as part of trying to diagnose the screen issue. Note also that the refurb was set up using an iTunes backup from an iPad 2 running iOS 6 and for the couple of weeks that I was using it on iOS 9.2 the alarms were working normally and were showing up in the Clock app to be edited as expected.

Anyone got any ideas or should I contact Apple Support again?

iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 5:51 AM

1 reply

Apr 30, 2016 7:41 AM in response to sdo62

Couple of ideas -

1. IF using a calendar - check to see whether an appointment reminder may have been triggered

2. Set a new alarm at the same time and then see, if possible, how many go off

Usually the option to mute the alarm is linked with urning the toggle off as you know - it is indeed odd that alarms would be missing

Please let us know

Upgraded iOS 9.2.1 to 9.3.1 on new iPad - alarms problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.