Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App updates requires repeated taps of Update All button

Scenario:

1. iPhone 6 with iOS 9.3.1
  2. several (3, 10, 15...doesn't matter) app updates awaiting in the App Store app
  3. tap the Update All button
  4. the Update button for each pending app update switches to the animated circle
  5. some, most, or all of them (it's random) will seem to fail and switch back to the Update button
  6. some may succeed and begin to download and install successfully

Repeatedly tapping Update All after the 'failures' will eventually get all of them to queue up for download and install. Knowing nothing about the code behind the function, I'm assuming that my phone is failing to connect to the Apple infrastructure and that the repetitive taps eventually manages a connection for each download.

This behavior is observed on AT&T data or on WiFi. My WiFi is very high quality and bandwidth.

Resetting network settings and a hard boot does not resolve.

This is mostly just an annoyance and inconvenience, but I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this and found a fix. I searched the forums and couldn't find the same issue posted. A web search was ineffective as well.

Thanks in advance for your help.

iPhone 6, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 6:08 AM

1 reply

App updates requires repeated taps of Update All button

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.