Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I unsync photos on my phone from my computer?

My computer synced a ton of photos to my phone without my permission (all sync options are turned off). Now it is using up all my storage on my phone, but I cannot find how to unsync from my phone, from iTunes, or from Photos on my Mac.

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 7:38 AM

2 replies

Apr 30, 2016 9:04 AM in response to Mark Tomes

Sync again with iTunes but change the settings/selection on the photos tab of iTunes. Detailed instructions below from Keep your photos safely stored and up to date on all your devices - Apple Support

If you don't want the synced photos on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch anymore, turn off syncing in iTunes and they'll be removed from your device. You can turn off syncing for some of your photo albums or all of them at once.

Stop syncing some albums

1. Open iTunes on your computer and connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  2. Click on the device icon in iTunes.
  3. Click Photos.
  4. Choose "Selected albums" and deselect the albums or collections that you want to stop syncing.
  5. Click Apply.

Stop syncing all photos

1. Open iTunes on your computer and connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  2. Click on the device icon in iTunes.
  3. Click Photos.
  4. Deselect "Sync Photos" then click "Remove photos."
  5. Click Apply.

Learn how to delete photos and videos synced from iTunes when you can't access the originals.

Apr 30, 2016 9:44 AM in response to FoxFifth

Thanks for the info, but I had tried all these and none of them worked. There was no Remove Photos option. Finally I saw that there were over 3000 photos that supposedly had been deleted and were in the recently deleted folder, so I tried to delete them permanently. When that did not work, I turned off the phone and turned it back on, and voila, the photos were gone and my storage increased dramatically. Sooo Windows!

How do I unsync photos on my phone from my computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.