Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MAC address AirPort Extreme

I have a fairly new AirPort Extreme. I need to find the MAC address ("AirPort ID"). It is not printed on the device, like it was for older base stations. I'm looking in the AirPort Utility, not seeing it there. How can I find the MAC address of this device?

AirPort Extreme-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 7:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 10:16 AM

Gee, seems no one is reading my post. Anyhow, I found the answer here--> AirPort base stations: How to view WAN and Wi-Fi MAC addresses - Apple Support

3 replies

May 1, 2016 8:11 AM in response to Moof666

The AirPort base station's MAC addresses have always been available via the AirPort Utility. They can also be easily found in a dozen or more networking applications readily available from the Internet. You can also use the Windows command line to find it. Printing the MAC addresses on the device is not necessary.

MAC address AirPort Extreme

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.