Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I use iCloud for Windows if I don't have an iOS device to fisrt sign in with?

I wasted 135 MB of download capacity to get iCloud for Windows, so I can participate in the Family Sharing program with my kids, only to find that the miserable piece of software forces me to first sign in with an iThingee, which I don't have and refuse to buy. THis makes iCloud for WIndows USELESS!! Is ther3e any way for me to activate iCLoud for Windows WITHOUT either a) fouling up my kids' iThingees by making them sign me in on my Apple account and then re-configuring their machines BACK to their own account AFTER I get iCloud for WIndows going on my Surface, or b) buying an iThingee that I categorically refuse to buy?

Microsoft Surface Pro 3-OTHER, Windows 10

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 7:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 8:07 AM

As you have found, Family Sharing requires either a Mac, or an iOS device to start out with. You can read over this information on the use and setup of Family Sharing. Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support You cannot use it on the Windows computer until it is setup on an iOS or Mac device.

1 reply

How do I use iCloud for Windows if I don't have an iOS device to fisrt sign in with?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.