Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Mail Forwarding attachments

My office IT folks advise below. Anyone encountered this before?

"We discovered that the issue is with the iPhone. The iPhone mail application has a known bug in terms of forwarding multiple attachments. What happens is that it combines all the attachments into just one file. If you notice in the screenshots below the individual attachments just contains 60KB each, however when the file is received it was combined to 1 file with 632KB in size which is the total size of all 10 files.

So in effect, it is not advisable to forward emails with multiple attachments using an iPhone. As a matter of information, we tested and noted that this issue is not happening with Android phones."

Comments appreciated, thanks.

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 8:12 AM

1 reply

Apr 30, 2016 8:58 AM in response to Cmacbda

It may have to do with the software used to ensure corporate compliance

My work uses Mobile Iron and I just tried but could not duplicate the issue you describe

The first image is that of an email with multiple attachments from the iPhone - the second is that of the Mac with Outlook with the attachments being discrete

Please let us know of any questions

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

iPhone Mail Forwarding attachments

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.