Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

customise my mail i.e. font and colour?

I would like to know how to customise my mail on my iMac i.e. colour and font size. please help

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 8:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 10:17 AM

Hi ..

Launch the Mail app then go to the Mail menu bar and click Help > Mail Help then type "font" in the search field top right side the Help window then from the results click: Fonts & Colors preferences in Mail.

You should see this ..

Set fonts and font sizes for writing and viewing messages in Mail, and for distinguishing quoted text when replying to or forwarding messages.

To view these preferences in Mail, choose Mail > Preferences, then click Fonts & Colors.

Open Mail for me

Message list font

The font and font size for viewing the list of messages in classic layout only (where the message list is above the messages). Click Select to use a different font.

Message font

The font and font size for writing and viewing messages. Click Select to use a different font.

If the sender used a specific font for a message, that font is used when viewing the message.

Fixed-width font

The font and font size for writing and viewing plain text messages. Click Select to use a different font.

You must select the option to use fixed-width font for plain text messages for the font to be applied.

Use fixed-width font for plain text messages

Fixed-width fonts display every character with the same width. This font is useful when you’re trying to align text using spaces instead of tabs.

Color quoted text

Show quoted text in colors. Click the color pop-up menu for a level to use a different color.

Quoted text is the part of a message included when you’re replying or forwarding the message. It’s typically indented.

If your recipients don’t have the same fonts that you used in your message, similar fonts are substituted.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2016 10:17 AM in response to WRSteen1956

Hi ..

Launch the Mail app then go to the Mail menu bar and click Help > Mail Help then type "font" in the search field top right side the Help window then from the results click: Fonts & Colors preferences in Mail.

You should see this ..

Set fonts and font sizes for writing and viewing messages in Mail, and for distinguishing quoted text when replying to or forwarding messages.

To view these preferences in Mail, choose Mail > Preferences, then click Fonts & Colors.

Open Mail for me

Message list font

The font and font size for viewing the list of messages in classic layout only (where the message list is above the messages). Click Select to use a different font.

Message font

The font and font size for writing and viewing messages. Click Select to use a different font.

If the sender used a specific font for a message, that font is used when viewing the message.

Fixed-width font

The font and font size for writing and viewing plain text messages. Click Select to use a different font.

You must select the option to use fixed-width font for plain text messages for the font to be applied.

Use fixed-width font for plain text messages

Fixed-width fonts display every character with the same width. This font is useful when you’re trying to align text using spaces instead of tabs.

Color quoted text

Show quoted text in colors. Click the color pop-up menu for a level to use a different color.

Quoted text is the part of a message included when you’re replying or forwarding the message. It’s typically indented.

If your recipients don’t have the same fonts that you used in your message, similar fonts are substituted.

Apr 30, 2016 2:27 PM in response to WRSteen1956

WRSteen1956 wrote:

I would like to know how to customise my mail on my iMac i.e. colour and font size. please help

Note that if you want the Recipient of your emails to see the color and font and size you have selected, you have to set those in each new message pane individually. Mail preferences for font/color only affect what you see locally.

customise my mail i.e. font and colour?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.