Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

album artwork mismatch

Why is all my music on my iphone messed up. it is showing other songs artwork. i have tried everything. deleting the song then readding. rebooting. is there an issue?

iPhone 6, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 8:20 AM

4 replies

Apr 30, 2016 12:45 PM in response to calvin118

Delete all music from the iPhone in Setting - Usage - Music.

Turn off 'show iCloud Music Library and 'show all purchases'

Make sure there is no Music content when you re-open the Music app.

Sync one song from iTunes and see if works.

If it does sync 10 more.

Usually resolves. The important thing is to make sure there is no content when you open the music app. Had this problem on multiple devices in the past and this always resolves.

Oct 27, 2016 7:28 AM in response to pstv61

I have the exact same problem as you. I have to delete all songs from my phone, and re-add every thing every time I want to update the library, even if I am only adding 4-5 new songs, this will mess up the album artwork for the rest of the library. As I have/am OCD, I spend HOURS sorting out my itunes perfecting the info and artwork perfect, so when you have spent a lot of time organising it only to find it messes up as soon as you add to a device it is extremely demotivating.. I need music on the phone and that is why I have an iPhone.

Just purchased the 7 and hoping that the issue doesn't continue, however reading these comments it does not look like apple have done anything to address or resolve this. I only have one apple ID and all of my songs are ripped from CD's or downloaded.

Has anyone got any more tips to try?? This is becoming a task I dread as it is taking me hours to add a few songs, as I have to re-add everything I have just deleted just to make sure the album artwork syncs correctly!

album artwork mismatch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.