Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

powersdown

My Macbook would pro shuts down when it is plugged in and idle. I noticed it if I left the laptop on overnight and or and hour or more. If I have an unsaved item the computer will not shut down. Upon awaking it would in form me of the fact. I thought it had something to do we power nap so I have alternately turned it off and on and it still does it. I would leave it unplugged and that would keep my browser pages open and not drain the battery too much.

Now it started doing it all the time. If I walk away from my laptop for an hour it turns off and Chrome tells me that my it was shut down incorrectly and do I want to restore my pages. Which in the grand scheme of things is an improvement because I get my pages back.

Does anyone have a fix? I do have an appointment with a "genius" this week to replace the battery.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4), Actually I using the 10.11.5 Beta

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 8:10 AM

2 replies

powersdown

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.