Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Import AIFF-C from computer?

I have a CD on my computer - files are AIFF-C. Can't drag drop or "add to library". I think AIFF should be ok, don't know what to do with AIFF-C. Thanks!I

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 8:35 AM

2 replies

Apr 30, 2016 8:59 AM in response to jorf

I believe the C stands for compressed. It's a slightly unusual format but I guess one that is popular with sites distributing full quality tracks but trying to keep the files smaller. I take it this is not a standard audio CD?

There's loads of free converters out there (so don't let all the infomercial posts that are sure to follow this kind of topic fool you into buying something from them). I usually use Max or XLD for this kind of thing.

Apr 30, 2016 9:48 AM in response to Limnos

It came off of an actual CD that I copied onto my computer (didn't have the external that holds my iTunes so did it manually). Is that part of the problem? If I'd imported directly from the audio CD would it have been an importable file? (assuming it's not AIFF-C all on it's own...). I think AIFF is one of the listed ok formats for iTunes. I'd guess that would be the best thing to convert to. Or, just import it straight from the CD itself?

Thanks for your response. Very helpful.

Import AIFF-C from computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.