Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my new iPhone won't back up on iTunes after i just restored it from my broken old iphone

my new iPhone won't let me back up i iTunes after I just restored it from my old iphone

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 12:16 PM

5 replies

Apr 30, 2016 1:32 PM in response to shawn1724

Restart your computer and reset your iPhone.

To Reset: hold down the Home and Power buttons until you see the Apple logo (15-20 seconds).

If there's still an issue with the computer, you might need to reindex Spotlight.

Learn how to re-index a folder or an entire volume for Spotlight.

1. From the Apple () menu, choose System Preferences.

2. Click Spotlight.

3. Click the Privacy tab.

4. Drag a folder or an entire volume (your hard drive) to the list.

5. If prompted for confirmation, click OK.

6. Remove the item or volume you just added to the list by clicking it and then clicking the minus ("-") button.

7. Close Spotlight preferences.

Apr 30, 2016 7:47 PM in response to Rysz

my old iPhone 6 might be damaged, but it backed up. so i got a new iPhone 6 and i restored it from the old iPhone 6 and needed to send back the old one but the new one won't back up to me iTunes, it says iTunes could not back up iPhone because there is not enough free space on this computer to save backup, my sone deleted everything from his mac and i tried to save it to my mac and same thing, please help, i ordered a new iPhone 6 coming tomorrow maybe something was wrong with it, when i set it up do i restore from iTunes or set up new phone

Apr 30, 2016 7:55 PM in response to shawn1724

Did you follow the instructions I provided?

If the issue is lock of space on your computer, then theres nothing wrong with your phone.

In iTunes, go to Preferences > Devices > and review the list of backups there. To gain free storage on the Mac, you can delete old backups.

You can also backup your phone to iCloud.

my new iPhone won't back up on iTunes after i just restored it from my broken old iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.