Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

if I downgrade iCloud storage, will I lose my current photos ?

Hello,

i'm recently having a 50GB iCloud storage which is almost full and i'm using IOS 9.3.1 -- iPhone 6 Plus....

I have two questions:

1- If I want to downgrade, cancel subscription, or will not renew my subscription,, Will I lose my current photos and other content that exceed 5GB (the free storage) ?

2- How can I back up all of the current content (50GB) exists on iCloud if I want to downgrade the storage ?

Regards,

MD

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.3.1, iCloud storage: 50GB

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 9:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 9:13 AM

Read here:

Downgrade your iCloud storage plan

You can decrease the amount of storage by selecting a new plan right from your iPhone, iPad, iPod, Mac, or PC (for example, a 50 GB plan to replace a 200 GB plan). The downgrade will take effect after your current monthly or annual subscription ends.

If you downgrade your storage plan and your content exceeds the storage you have available, new photos and videos won't upload to iCloud Photo Library and your devices will stop backing up to iCloud. iCloud Drive and iCloud-enabled apps won’t update across your devices, and you won't be able to send or receive messages with your iCloud email address.

To use iCloud after exceeding your available storage, remove backups, photos, documents, or email messages you don’t need. You can access photos, videos, and documents for 30 days after you delete or disable iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Drive.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2016 9:13 AM in response to MD Opeth

Read here:

Downgrade your iCloud storage plan

You can decrease the amount of storage by selecting a new plan right from your iPhone, iPad, iPod, Mac, or PC (for example, a 50 GB plan to replace a 200 GB plan). The downgrade will take effect after your current monthly or annual subscription ends.

If you downgrade your storage plan and your content exceeds the storage you have available, new photos and videos won't upload to iCloud Photo Library and your devices will stop backing up to iCloud. iCloud Drive and iCloud-enabled apps won’t update across your devices, and you won't be able to send or receive messages with your iCloud email address.

To use iCloud after exceeding your available storage, remove backups, photos, documents, or email messages you don’t need. You can access photos, videos, and documents for 30 days after you delete or disable iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Drive.

if I downgrade iCloud storage, will I lose my current photos ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.