Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 931 iPhone 5 undiscovered on iTunes. Am I the only one?

The phone is well discovered by my computer as a storage drive, but when I open iTunes, nothing! My phone is nowhere to be found. And I have the latest version of iTunes for Windows.

So i hope someone will help me figure what's going on..

Thanx!

iPhone 5, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 10:02 AM

10 replies

Apr 30, 2016 10:07 AM in response to lucienfromlos angeles

Are you using a Mac or PC ??

It may not just be a matter of iTunes being up to date but your operating system.

Following are the requirements for iPhone 5 for iTunes. iPhone 5 - Technical Specifications

Syncing with iTunes on a Mac or PC requires:

• Mac: OS X v10.6.8 or later
  • PC: Windows 7; Windows Vista; or Windows XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 3 or later
  • iTunes 10.7 or later (free download from here > Get the latest version of iTunes

Apr 30, 2016 11:17 AM in response to lucienfromlos angeles

You are not the only one, others have reported the issue as well. If you are running Windows 7 or above you should be able to download iTunes 12.3.3, the latest version.

Some have had to delete the Apple Mobile Device driver (it re-installs on the next pc boot and device connection). Some have had to disable their antivirus, particularly McAfee as is known to create issues with iTunes. For the driver see the article below. While the article refers to W10, the W7 process is nearly identical. Please note that this forum is having issues with links today. If unable to open directly from below, paste the link to a browser and open it there.

http://www.technipages.com/itunes-fix-iphone-or-ipod-not-detected-in-windows

iOS 931 iPhone 5 undiscovered on iTunes. Am I the only one?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.