Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

all selected tracks are protected and can't be changed

Hi

I got this on Logic Pro X (10.2.2) on the Mastering Track and went half-mad trying to get rid of the track. The reason for trying to get rid of the track was that the plugin I had for Mastering (Greg Wells MixCentric) was not loading properly.

Well, I tried re-importing into a fresh project with a new mastering track that the plugin was working properly on, and then imported the tracks in "batches@ to find which one(s) was causing the plugin to get replaced with a new Mastering track and non-working master plugin.

I eventually tracked it down to one track, and what do you know, that track had the MixCentric plugin on it too. No wonder it wasn't working properly on the master, this earlier track in the project was acting as the master (it wasn't, it was supposed to be just a standard instrument).

Long story short - if you see this message, or are getting a dodgy plugin on the master - check your tracks one by one to see if any are running the same plugin. Obviously for the mastering, there should only be one track, and only one master plugin live at any one time.

Just thought I would share....

Paul

Logic Pro X

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 10:11 AM

There are no replies.

all selected tracks are protected and can't be changed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.